Monday, April 28, 2014

:)

I am so grateful for this gospel. It is amazing to see how it TRULY CHANGES peoples lives. AH. 
Okay. so I have interviews with President Hanks soon so I will try to type fast!!!!!! I am in Tupelo, Mississippi right now and we are doing a zone activity today! woot woot!

I will just name off some investigators and the stories that happened with them this past week...

Colleen: We met with Colleen and taught her the Plan of Salvation. She told us that she read through the pamphlet and said that it was all good, but the part about the three degrees of glory totally threw her off because she only believed in Heaven and Hell. She said, "If it's not in the Bible, I can't seem to believe it." I excitingly looked at her and said, "Colleen!!! It IS in the Bible!!!!" I then flipped to 1 Corinthians and started to read her the passage. After I finished reading, it was quiet in the room. 20 seconds later, Colleen spoke as she said, "that gave me chills." YEAH. CAUSE IT'S TRUE. We testified to her that it was the spirit that she was feeling. She then started to talk about how she wants to believe everything we tell her, but she doesn't want to believe that she has been wrong the past 58 years of her life as she has grown up in "The Church of Christ". She then started to talk about how she still feels like God isn't there for her and then we started to talk about the atonement. Colleen said, "Jesus doesn't know exactly what I've been through. He didn't have to lose his close sister or mom." MY HEART BROKE FOR HER. At that moment, I realized that people truly do not understand the fullness of the atonement!!!! We began to testify to her that He knows every physical, mental, and emotional pain she has ever been through. The spirit was so strong in that room. She started to cry and told us that we have brought her closer to God these past couple of weeks than she has ever been in her life. She calls us her "girls" and she is just so precious. She needs to be baptized and I think it will just take longer for her to realize that spirit that she has felt. 

Tom: Tom is our neighbor who we met while inspiration tracting when we had some extra time left over before our next appointment. Tom lost his wife a year ago and his only two kids 5 years ago to a drunk driver who ran into them. He is a very lonely guy, but he is reading his Book of Mormon that we gave him and he's OBSESSED with the indians. His whole house reminds me of Grandma Platt's home. He told us that he already knew that Jesus Christ came to the America's. haha We have taught him the first 3 lessons and he hasn't committed to baptism, but he said he would come to church. Unfortunately, he is going to his brothers house in Kentucky for a month this may :( BLAH. But he has read the first 25 pages of the Book of mormon!!! Not too sure if he is just wanting to learn or if he really is wanting to change. We shall see.

Ken: Ken is getting baptized this coming Sunday. We went over and talked to him about baptismal covenants. He really enjoyed it and I think it gave him that comfort that he needed to make this next step in his life. He told us, "I think I've always known that this was true, it has just taken me longer to realize it." YAY. 

Camisha: AH. Camisha is amazing!!! We were biking one day and we were going home to eat dinner. We were super hungry from a long day of biking and talking. As we were biking, we biked past this lady sitting out on her porch. We kept biking and then a thought came to my mind: "c'mon Sister Platt! You have been praying to find a family and I just gave you an opportunity to find one! Just bike back and talk to her." So we did just that. Her kids were out on their bikes and they are all so adorable!! Camisha has 4 kids. All under the age of 8. She is a single mom. We met with her and I noticed that her son had autism. HE WAS ADORABLE. I talked to her for a bit and SHE asked us if we could teach her. UM YEAH. WE CAN. We came back the next day. We taught her the restoration and she just started crying and crying. She told us that she has been through a lot these past couple of weeks. Her husband left her and she just feels like she has to wear a fake smile all the time. She told us that she felt like she could really trust us and not wear a fake smile around us. IT WAS AN AMAZING LESSON. We promised her that this gospel would bring her that comfort that she needed. She kept saying, "y'all are an answer to my prayers. for real." Then she asked us if she could come to church with us!!!!! AHHH She will come this upcoming Sunday and bring her cute kids as well :) 

"Brother Steve": We don't really know if this is his real name or not... Brother Steve is a 19 year old kid who is really lost. He doesn't live with his family and he has been involved in drugs. We taught him and his friend on the porch. His friend was making fun of the lesson the whole time as we were teaching and Brother Steve just kept a serious face the whole time and told us that he would read the Book of Mormon. I just kept telling both of them, "If you really take this message seriously, it will change your life if you let it." His friend just kept laughing, but Brother Steve totally took it all to heart and said he would read! YAY. 

Anita: We met Anita at foodland this past week, she told us that we looked like sisters hahaha and so then we started talking about missionary work and set up an appointment with her. We went over 4 days later and had a lesson with her. She is the sweetest, humblest person ever. It was so great to teach her. We invited her to be baptized and she said that she has already been. (love that response). So we explained the priesthood again and then invited her to just focus on the Book of Mormon and pray about it. Hopefully she will :)

Beth: We met with Beth. The lady we found through specifically praying for her. Beth was super argumentative and ah, it was just rough, but I know that we were supposed to meet her. She told us that she would read and pray about the Book of Mormon and that she "might join our church one day." Not too sure about her at this point. Oh well. 

That is about it for our investigators! So fun. We have been helping this lady Gail clean her home. We found her just sitting on her porch one day. She wasn't interested in our message so we offered service for her and she accepted!!!!! We cleaned every corner of her house and whew, it was a lot of work. I really do love cleaning now. Her sister called her on the phone and she said, "yeah. My angels are cleaning my house for me." I guess her sister thought she was going crazy and was seeing angels. hahahha we laughed about that one for a while :) 

I am so grateful for this gospel. I'm grateful for the knowledge that we have of the atonement. It is REAL and so powerful!!! Heavenly Father is so good!!!! May we all strive to listen to the promptings and thoughts that come to us this week. I know I will. 

Well. I better get going. I'm so sorry this is shorter. I have to go to my interview now!!!!!!!!!! 


MYKY,
Sister Platt

No comments:

Post a Comment