Tuesday, September 10, 2013

9/9/2013

Gracie is in Clanton, Alabama
this is her first letter from being in the Mission Field. 

We are so thrilled she made it safely and is already engaged in the work. We are so proud of her and look forward to hear from her each Monday. 



Here is Gracie with her First Companion


Gracies Mission President and his wife. 
Brother and Sister Hanks


I JUST WANTED TO START OFF BY SAYING THAT I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK and GOD IS GOOD.

I am in Clanton, Alabama which is a tiny town between Birmingham and Montgomery. My trainer is Sister Casperson and she is so grand!! We get along so well :) Ah I don't even know where to start.  Everyone loves giving hugs here

I will start off with just talking about some of my favorite experiences so far. Sister Casperson and I were walking to our car from our apartment when we came across a woman unloading her car. We asked her if she needed help, but she said no and so we continued on our way. We forgot something in the apartment so we went back to get it fast and then came outside again. We saw her again. This time, coming out of the house, we just smiled and waved at her and then, a miracle happened. She stopped us and said, "who are you girls anyway? obviously, you're not sisters. or partners. who are you?" and we then proceeded to explain to her that we are missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints. She began to ask us random questions and then she asked us if we believed everything the bible said. We told her we believed in the King James version of the Bible and also the Book of Mormon. She was SO interested!!! We then explained what the BOM was about and how Jesus visited those in the Americas. She thought it was the coolest thing and then said, "I will have to go buy me one of those books at the library or somethin" We quickly told her that it would not be necessary as we gave her a copy. She just kept saying over and over again, "yeah. I'm so interested in this. this is somethin special" We then asked her if we could give her a lesson at her home, but she said that she lives in Hoover which is a TOTAL BUMMER because we had to refer her to the other missionaries. Gah. It was a beautiful experience though because I specifically was prompted in my prayer that morning to ask Heavenly Father if I could find at least ONE person that was interested. BOOM. Prayer. Answered.


Another good experience that I had was when we decided to go out and tract because there was still some time before coming home. We came across this one house and the lady just said to us, "I'm Baptist. Don't go teachin' me bout Jesus. I know him." So then we just said, "That's great!!! Do you know anyone in this area who would be interested in our lesson about Jesus Christ and his restored gospel?" She just replied, "No. the lady across the street is Baptist. The man next door is Methodist and the other man is the Minister of that church over there."
Ha. I love the south. I'm obsessed with these people. I really am. 

I love this gospel so much!!

Oh. I've gotta tell you about my church experience!!!!

They asked me to share my testimony at the end which went well!! I have to give a talk next week on the spirit and how we can use it to know God's will.

Oh, on Friday morning, Sister Casperson and I did volunteer work at the Humane Society which involved cleaning out the cages of the cats and dogs there. It was so sad to see how scared they were of us because so many people here abuse their animals, but it ended up being really fun!!!

We are going to the temple this week which I am excited about!!!

Well. I will try to send pictures now!! The library here only lets us use the computer for an hour :/


But, I am so happy and I love you all SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment