Monday, September 23, 2013

MIRACLES ARE REAL!!! GOD IS SO GOOD :)

I SHOULD START OFF BY SAYING THAT I AM SO HAPPY FOR MEREDITH AND GARY!!! A BOY!!! WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT??? hahhaha only Lydia thought it was gonna be a boy. Too funny. Ah. I'm so excited for y'all!!!! I seriously love my family so much. I am so blessed. We are all SO blessed!!! Heavenly Father is so good!
Well, it was another GRAND week here in Clanton!!!
SHIRLEY COMMITTED TO BAPTISM!!! OCTOBER 5th is the date!! WAhooo!!!! We were able to teach her and her older daughter, Cyndi, about the Plan of Salvation. They both just soaked it all in and Cyndi kept saying, "wow. That's so cool!! wow. That just makes sense!!!!" We invited Cyndi to come to church with Shirley, but she said that she gets shy around people, but also said that she was willing to try it out. She didn't come this past Sunday, but we will see how she progresses this Sunday :) We asked Shirley if she was still reading the Book of Mormon and she said, "yes! I read it every morning and it makes my days less depressing. It really does make me happy!!!" She still doesn't quite understand that she needs to pray about it so we discussed that with her and asked her to say the closing prayer. She just said a memorized prayer, but it was still beautiful that she was willing to pray with us!!! She is so sweet and always loves coming to church and to our scripture study class.
We went over to Cynthia's home who is investigating the church. She told us that she was sorry, but she couldn't meet with us because her brother was in the hospital and needed help, but didn't have medical insurance so they were in a pickle. So we offered to say a prayer with her which was great! She then told us as we were leaving, "Don't give up on me please. I still want to learn more! Don't give up on me. Come back next week." hahaha It was so precious. Of course we will :)
Last Thursday, a thought came to my mind that we needed to see Betty again. (She was the lady who thinks the BOM is a sin to read). We decided to bring her some food with quotes on it along with the Book of Mormon in a basket. We knocked on her door and she opened it and just started crying. She started to explain to us how she has been struggling that day and how we were an answer to her prayer! She started to explain to us about her son and how he doesn't want anything to do with her, etc...
We said a prayer with her and afterwards, she looked at my name tag for a long time and finally said, "you know what. I think it's pretty weird how you two always show up at the perfect time. It's like God is trying to tell me something and wants me to hear what you gotta say. Maybe I should give this Mormon thing a try. And you both just have God's light shining through you. Why wouldn't I listen to you. ya know?" UH YEAH THAT REALLY DID HAPPEN!!! Chills just ran through me as I thought to myself, "Did she really say what I think she just said????!!!???" Through the spirit, hearts of people can REALLY be softened!!! Ah. I just love being a missionary. I really do. We will meet with her again this week and give her the first lesson again :)
Last Tuesday, we were able to listen to a general authority named, Elder Kopishke and his wife!!! He talked about how we need to develop a "vision" as missionaries of what we want to accomplish and who we want to see throughout the day and week. So, every morning, Sister Casperson and I wake up 2 minutes early to think of someone "dressed in white" going into the font and then ask Heavenly Father to help us find that person that day.
It's a pretty neat idea!!! Oh, we had lunch for a break between meetings with him and his wife and guess who decided to come sit at the table Sister C. and I were at??? YEAH. Elder Kopishke and his wife did!!! They are grand!!! :) No big deal. Just ate some lunch with a general authority of the 70 :)
We did a lot of service this week with helping a teenage boy with his math homework. I calmly tried to explain everything to him. I am definitely learning patience here on my mission :) We were also able to go see the Kane family whose this super cute family with three ADORABLE kids who remind me of my nieces and nephews. We helped them do yard work. (Yes. I moved some gravel rocks with a shovel. Brought me back to the good ole' days a month ago :)) The husband is not a member, but is the nicest guy in Clanton, I'm convinced. The wife is a member, but doesn't go to church very often. They are just the perfect family and have so much potential!!!!!! AHHHH
I have noticed that people are generally scared of us here and we don't know why. We got a referral from a lady in our branch to go see this man and his wife. We knocked on the door. He cracked the door open and I could barely see his eye as he said, "If you want to talk to me, I'll see you over at that church on Sunday." As he pointed over to the Baptist church across the street. So fun. :)
OH GUESS WHAT. This morning, we received a referral from Mormon.org!!!! A lady messaged us saying she wants us to come visit her!!! THIS NEVER HAPPENS!! wahooooo!! We will go see her today which I'm so happy about! Pray that she is home!!!!!!!
Did you know that people eat dove here? No. Not the chocolate. The actual bird. Yes. I've never heard of that before!!!
I was reading in the "Jesus the Christ" book which is a million pages long and find it VERY interesting!!! I suggest everyone to read it. It's amazing. I was reading about Christ and how he always told his disciples in fear, "Peace. Be still"
It reminded me of one of my favorite verses in the Book of Mormon in Mormon 5:23 "Know ye not that ye are in the hands of God?" WE ARE IN HIS HANDS!!!!! When Christ was on the boat with his disciples, he rested during the storm and actually fell asleep. His disciples were frightened and awoke Jesus and asked him why he wasn't helping them!!! "Oh ye of little faith." he said.
May we all try a little harder every day to be more faithful. I know it's hard sometimes, but I know that it is necessary to exercise faith in He who created us and KNOWS us!!!!
I just love y'all so much. I'm grateful for this gospel. I love this church so much and don't know where I would be without it. It all seriously just makes sense. I love that I can pray to my Father in Heaven WHENEVER and WHEREVER I want and need to.
I just want everyone to have this gospel in their lives. It's the best thing in the world!!!! THE BOOK OF MORMON IS SO TRUE! THE BIBLE IS TRUE AS WELL!!! HEAVENLY FATHER IS REAL AND IS WAITING TO ANSWER OUR PRAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment